Thursday 26 February 2009

I thought the topic was sport...

Yes I know I'm a little late to be posting my counter-argument to the recent p4 sports posts but this is completely relevant

Please forgive my ignorance, but I did believe that the recent P4 post was about sport, and yes whilst wrestling is scripted- the athletes are actually moving about and partaking in some form of sporting activity, whilst cricket is boring- the players do actually move about and sweat, and American football- is pretty much the same.

Which brings me to question the recent claim by Luke over at a.o.m, who claimed (rather blasphemously) that sitting on your arse in a glorified glider is a sport. The only exercise you get is from moving your wrists from left to right.

From what I could grasp from this 'pass-time' (for want of words) is that you have to complete a course in the fastest times, whilst releasing colourful shit from the rear of the glider.

How anyone can find this entertaining is beyond me, and I guarantee you that had this not have had sponsorship from a big company, then it would probably still be out of mainstream public limelight.

I mean at least in the other three sports there is excitement, I would start to watch if more participants began crashing and burning. At least there's fireworks in wrestling and American Can't use my feet so I'll use anything else ball. And I'm sure there's an entertaining side to cricket (I hope).

I mean I found Lab Rats more entertaining than this sport, and if I completely honest, I'd rather watch a Russian prostitute pleasuring herself whilst washing her armpits with olive oil.

Or just watch paint dry...........

1 comment:

  1. Well, by your definition motor racing can't be considered a sport either.

    Cricketers are better athletes than any of your poncy boy wrestlers. They have to be able to run with all that gear on, in the blazing sun, for anything up to a few hours. Not minutes, *hours*. That takes sportsmanship.

    Besides, watch a game of Twenty20, where each shot matters and they smack it as hard as they can, and I then challenge you to call Cricket boring

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but I will unleash the wrath of Chuck Norris to any negativity.

You have been told...

Counter

free hit counter