Sunday 1 February 2009

Screamo's for Emo's.

Now I understand that I am likely to get a lot of hatred for this post, from lovers of screamo music (mainly emos) but I just fail to grasp what is likable about it. It all just seems like noise to me.

Being in a band myself, I've developed a taste for a range of music, but as hard as I have tried to find something to like about it, I just do not like screamo music (as well as mainstream chav shit, or drum and bass).

I just fail to find people screaming lyrics accompanied by horrendously distorted guitar solos (and I'm sure even Ross will agree with me on that one), entertaining; let alone bearable, or even manage to make out any of the lyrics themselves.

The line was crossed last week, whilst innocently browsing youtube, I happened to come across a screamo version of the PĆ³kemon theme tune. Expecting to find it slightly amusing, I decided to view it. However, after just 30 seconds, I found myself both disapointed and enraged. I was disapointed because it was not even slightly amusing, and enraged because I felt it ruined one of my favourite theme tunes of all time!

Now before any emos out there, who happen to be reading this, begin to sharpen your pitch-forks I would just like to establish that whilst I hate screamo, I do not wish to remove it from society, just I dont want to hear it again.

In a complete change of topic, I feel that all the Skins bashing over at The Confounder, with added commentary from Potential Difference, has gone on for too long now and somebody should speak out in defence of this extremely entertaining programme.

Whilst Ross refuses to watch anything except Scrubs, QI and The Big Bang Theory, and Chris doesnt't believe programmes exist if they dont have Clarkson-style commentary, or any other decent comedy (thus eliminating 'Lab Rats' *shudders*). They immediately would find Skins pointless - which I feel is a slightly arrogant view to take.

Seconds out, Round 2...

2 comments:

  1. It is not an arrogant viewpoint. Perhaps I said it because Skins is the worst program I have ever seen.

    Apart from X Factor and Big Brother. Yeah, I went there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would I watch Skins when there is a new season of 24 to watch, and episodes of HIGNFY on YouTube available whenever I want?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment, but I will unleash the wrath of Chuck Norris to any negativity.

You have been told...

Counter

free hit counter