Tuesday 20 January 2009

Doom and more doom?

On my old blog, I posted a blog with my views on the economy and it seems I was right for once (gasps of shock!), and I was right again when I posted my blog heckling the licence fee.

Given the current economic down-turn, I do feel that far too much money is being wasted on such needless institutions such as the licence fee and the health and safety executives (I literally stopped breathing for a second there.) I think it's useless that the money we as tax payers, continuously give to the government, is then wasted on these pointless existences!

This is a very rare occasion but I am inclined to agree with Luke (http://anorganisedmess.blogspot.com/) with his very accurate foreshadowing of 2009, because unless the fat cats currently occupying Downing Street realise that they themselves have to sort this one out, then we are going to struggle to live this year.

Gone are the days when we went out and impulse bought a 55 inch, HD ready, Free view installed television with a built-in cinema system because it only cost £1,500. Now you see people impulse buying toasters for £2.50 because it was part of yet another closing down sale - truly showing how badly we as a nation are suffering.

It's time for a change!

Talking of change, a historic event is to take place later today with the inauguration of Barack Obama. He seems like a cool man and has an array of 'Celebrity' supporters so there is no real reason for him to go wrong. But then he does have the inherent disadvantage of being a Politician, and we all know how honest they are...

"Yes we Can!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, but I will unleash the wrath of Chuck Norris to any negativity.

You have been told...

Counter

free hit counter